I am a high-performance coach, ex-competitive cyclist, and strength training enthusiast. I have trained state-, national-, and international-level athletes, including medalists at all levels. I have also taught sport science and coaching theory at technical colleges in Australia.
I was never so dedicated or successful in my own athletic career, but I did compete at open level as a classics rider. Although I was primarily a long endurance athlete, at my peak, and at 76 kgs (176 lbs) body mass, I achieved a bench press of 125 kgs (276 lbs), a squat of 175 kgs (386 lbs), and a dead lift—my favourite—of 205 kgs (452 lbs).
I now entertain myself with the occasional cycling adventure, most recently riding from Veracruz, Mexico to St. Louis, Missouri, covering 3,020 kilometres (1,877 miles) in 15 days.
Member for 11 months
12 profile views
Last seen Sep 2 '20 at 3:56
Top network posts
- 38 What will happen if I receive major part of my protein needs from powders rather than foods?
- 18 My knees fall when I do push-ups. Is it weakness, or bad form?
- 14 Is it a bad idea to do double dumbbell exercises with a single dumbbell?
- 13 Is speed muscular or technical?
- 10 Is ass to grass squat natural or a learned behaviour?
- 8 Do weightlifting belts improve or hurt long-term development of core strength?
- 8 Deadlift with spinal flexion [Jefferson Curl]
- View more network posts →