I am a high-performance coach, ex-competitive cyclist, and strength training enthusiast. I have trained state-, national-, and international-level athletes, including medalists at all levels. I have also taught sport science and coaching theory at technical colleges in Australia.
I was never so dedicated or successful in my own athletic career, but I did compete at open level as a classics rider. Although I was primarily a long endurance athlete, at my peak, and at 76 kgs (176 lbs) body mass, I achieved a bench press of 125 kgs (276 lbs), a squat of 175 kgs (386 lbs), and a dead lift—my favourite—of 205 kgs (452 lbs).
I now entertain myself with the occasional cycling adventure, most recently riding from Veracruz, Mexico to St. Louis, Missouri, covering 3,020 kilometres (1,877 miles) in 15 days.
Member for 4 months
11 profile views
Last seen Sep 2 at 3:56
Top network posts
- 38 What will happen if I receive major part of my protein needs from powders rather than foods?
- 18 My knees fall when I do push-ups. Is it weakness, or bad form?
- 14 Is it a bad idea to do double dumbbell exercises with a single dumbbell?
- 13 Is speed muscular or technical?
- 10 Is ass to grass squat natural or a learned behaviour?
- 8 Do weightlifting belts improve or hurt long-term development of core strength?
- 8 Deadlift with spinal flexion [Jefferson Curl]
- View more network posts →